Field Service Technician
Looking to further your career? Independent Rebuild Specialist has been in business for 21 years and counting. We specialize in remanufacturing Caterpillar diesel engines. We are located in Brighton, Colorado.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time position as a Field Service Technician.
This role will require candidates that enjoy all aspects of diesel engines and will be responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing issues on Caterpillar diesel engines in the field.
This position requires strict attention to detail.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnoses and troubleshoot diesel engines and related equipment.
- Organize and maintain all information including photos, inspections, and part orders for each service call.
- Complete and submit service reports, repair inspection forms, and warranty reports.
- Charges time to appropriate job number and coordinates returns for parts credits, core credits, and signed documents for warranty services with appropriate personnel.
- Makes determinations in the field on warranty repair and guidelines, communicating decisions to customer and management.
- Communicates with customers on the diagnosis and status of repairs, parts, and other concerns.
- Communicates effectively with customers verbally and in writing to ensure all repairs are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Safely rigs or hooks components for lifting
- Removes, repairs, and installs major components in varying configurations of equipment
- Performs work accurately with no rework and adheres to a warranty budget.
- Proficient use of Caterpillar’s Service Information System (SIS), Technical Marketing Information (TMI), Microsoft Outlook (email), laptop, com adapters, and mechanical tooling.
- Proper use of Caterpillar Electronic Technician (ET) and Service Information System (SIS) to request correct parts, diagnose, and repair equipment with minimal supervision.
- Maintains service vehicle in safe and good repair
- Maintain vehicle, tooling, and equipment in good working order
- Maintains good customer records on jobs that have been assigned
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies, and new equipment.
- Uses safe working practices and follows all company safety requirements.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 3 – 5 years of field service on Caterpillar Heavy Equipment
- Experience with engine rebuild on Caterpillar C18, C27, C32, 3500 series, and C175 Diesel Engines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Understanding of Caterpillar warranty programs and coverage preferred
- Advanced knowledge of ET/SIS/TMI
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction
- MSHA Certified
- Graduation from an accredited technical school specialized in diesel engine or generator repair and maintenance preferred
- Experience working on engine tear down, rebuilds, and complete system repair preferred
- Clean repair and recondition equipment and components based on Cat Re-Use criteria
- Knowledge of parts used
- Strong conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 100 pounds or more
- Weekly (every Friday) – Direct Deposit
HOURS PER WEEK:
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401K with Matching Contributions
- Supplied Uniforms
- Supplied Tools
- $40 – $50 per hour (based on experience)
Independent Rebuild Specialist
189 N Kuner Rd