Diesel Automotive Machinist
Looking to change your career? Come work for us.
Independent Rebuild Specialist has been in business for 21 years and counting.
We specialize in remanufacturing Caterpillar diesel engines. We are located in Brighton, Colorado.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time position as a Diesel Automotive Machinist.
This role will require candidates that enjoy all aspects of diesel engines, working closely with our lead techs.
This position requires strict attention to detail.
- Tear down and inspect large Caterpillar engines using proper provided tooling.
- Help assemble engines using proper procedures and tools.
- Must have a desire to learn and be trainable.
- Candidate should have great attention to detail.
- Always keep work area clean and in good working condition.
- Must be able to follow proper PPE protocols and safety instructions.
- Working in a high-production environment with minimal issues.
- Organize, stage, and move material as required.
- Forklift experience is a must.
- Be able to handle projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and meet specifications.
- Must be able to bend and lift 75 lbs. *This is a physically demanding job at times which requires long periods on your feet*
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by proactively acting and communicating with co-workers and management.
- Manufacture precision parts used in the underground and surface mining industries, as well as industrial markets
- Utilize manual lathes, mills and drills to remanufacturer parts
- Use precision measuring devices to ensure proper sizing
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and tooling
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety and environmental policies and procedure
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with Rottler CNC’s for block boring
- Trade School is a plus
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability
- Strong mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- 2+ years of experience operating manual lathes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret prints and drawings
- Ability to work independently
- Clean repair and recondition equipment and components based on Cat Re-Use criteria and OEM standards for re-assembly.
- Remove, disassemble, re-assemble and install components and parts.
- 3 – 5 years Caterpillar Diesel Engine Experience.
- Experience with engine rebuild on Caterpillar C18, C27, C32 and, C3500 series Diesel Engines.
- Knowledge of parts used.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload with minimum supervision.
- Light Fabrication Skills Knowledge, Skills and, Abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Diesel Engine remanufacturing.
- Ability to apply Caterpillar Re-use Criteria.
- Knowledge of OEM standards for re-assembly.
- Strong conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Basic computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications.
- Weekly (Every Friday) – Direct Deposit
Hours Per Week
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with Matching Contributions
- Supplied Uniforms
- Supplied Tools
- Relocation Package (if applicable)
- $20 – $50 Per Hour (Based on Experience)