Looking to change your career? Come work for us.
Independent Rebuild Specialist has been in business for 21 years and counting.
We specialize in remanufacturing Caterpillar diesel engines. We are located in Brighton, Colorado.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time position as an Automotive Painter.
This role will require candidates that are knowledgeable in automotive paints to be applied to large diesel engines.
This position requires strict attention to detail.
- Removes rust from metal, grease, and dirt from work surface.
- Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated.
- Mixes paint according to specifications.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
- Paints surface using sprayer.
- Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
- Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Must have a desire to learn and be trainable.
- Candidate should have great attention to detail.
- Always keep work area clean and in good-working condition.
- Must be able to follow proper PPE protocols and safety instructions.
- Working in a high-production environment with minimal issues.
- Organize, stage, and move material as required.
- Be able to handle projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and meet specifications.
- Must be able to bend and lift 75 lbs. *This is a physically demanding job at times which requires long periods on your feet*
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by proactively acting and communicating with co-workers and management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Trade School is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive paints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills including, but are not limited to Microsoft Office Applications.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Weekly (Every Friday) – Direct Deposit
Hours Per Week
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with Matching Contributions
- Supplied Uniforms
- Supplied Tools
- $20 – $30 Per Hour (Based on Experience)